The Top Ten … reasons why oldtimer QRPers really miss active sunspot cycles…
10. Working your East Coast buddy on 80 meters using a gold filling in an upper molar.
9. Beating out kilowatters in pile-ups.
8. Working Eastern Europe BEFORE you walk into the shack.
7. Finally – getting some Q’s with that “magic” antenna that never really worked quite right.
6. Worked All States BEFORE the neighbor kid tells you he cut your feedline when he last mowed the lawn.
5. The dog jumps ten feet every time you key the rig.
4. DXCC on 160 meters.
3. You can just lay out your dipoles on the ground.
2. Two words: CLEAN SWEEP
And the Number One reason why oldtimer QRPers really miss active sunspot cycles…
Constantly uttering the phrase on phone, “Honest, I’m only running five watts.”